CRUCIAL ADVICE - A CPN IS NOT A REPLACEMENT FOR YOUR SSN - NOT AT ALL - NOT EVEN 1% - It is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ENTITY ! Treat it as such ! YOU ARE 100% LIABLE FOR ANYTHING YOU DO WITH YOUR CPN -
1. Choose an address that is not associated with you current credit file, does not belong to family or close friends.
2. CPNs are NOT and I mean are NOT age appropriate. Anyone telling you they are, are using SSN numbers which is ILLEGAL.
3. CPNs are NOT issued by the SSA (Social Security Administration), they are not SSNs.
4. Always remember what state your profile number was issued out of. (If you do not know, ask me and I will provide it to you)
5. Memorize your CPN like it’s your social security # because this is the # that will be used for credit instead of your SSN number. Please always remember you are 100% liable for anything you acquire on your profile. ALWAYS.
6. Memorize your new address and the county associated with the city of that new address.
7. Be familiar with the addresses associated with your tradelines and know the county of those cities… (because creditors will ask questions pertaining to your credit profile to verify identity when applying for credit).
8. When applying for credit ALWAYS use your new address associated with the CPN, if your license or ID still contains the old address make sure the creditors do not run it with your CPN because this will merge your old credit profile with the new one (You do not want that to happen because it will destroy the CPN you worked so hard to attain. Just tell the creditors that you did not update your address on your ID and or you have been a victim of fraud under that old address (many people have been and not know it)).
9. Start off applying for department store credit cards (Obtain at least 3 to 5 in-store credit cards before applying for larger credit. such as car loans. (Hint: creditors like to see over $60,000 placed in the annual income section when applying). The small credit will help push your information throughout the 3 credit bureaus.
10. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING YOU OBTAIN ON
YOUR PROFILE . ANYTHING...
11. Do not use the same contact number when applying for credit because the other address is attached to that phone number. This will merge your credit profiles!
12. Do not attempt to refinance anything that was purchased under your social sec. # with the profile no matter how great the rates look, because this will also merge your credit profiles together and will be denied credit.
13. Most importantly never allow anyone to run your old address or any information other than the information you provided them with…It is illegal for someone to use information you did not provide them with for credit check.
14. Do not use profile for government programs where a social security card has to be presented (for example HUD home loans), filing taxes or employment, this is illegal !!!
15. When applying for credit or setting up a credit monitoring, provide the “exact” same information and “correct” spelling that was previously placed under your CPN!!! Memorize the information and or keep a copy of that information with you while applying for credit.
16. Please be advised! It is best to set up a credit monitor (ie. Freecreditreport.com) prior to any tradeline posting to your credit profile. Once the tradelines post it will change your current address to the address associated with the tradeline. As a result, when trying to pull up a copy of your credit file and it asks for the current city and county, you will not be able to provide it. Thus, it is important to know what’s on your credit report at all times!
YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING YOU OBTAIN ON
YOUR PROFILE . ANYTHING...